Friday, February 22, 2013

Contempo Artisan Boutique

Contempo Artisan Boutique is now open! They specialize in wire working techniques. Mixing wire with semi-precious stones and freshwater pearls.


http://www.etsy.com/shop/ContempoJewelry#

1. What do you sell and how did you get started?
 My medium is jewelry. I started after the birth of my son 14 years ago. I decided to treat myself to a handmade necklace. When it arrived, I thought - I can make this! And the rest is history.

 2. Who or what is your inspiration?
Contempo Jewelry features nature inspired designs reflective of the lush landscape and colorful foliage of Central Pennsylvania. I specialize in wire working techniques incorporating precious metals, semi-precious stones and freshwater pearls into my designs.                                        
Swirl Copper Earrings // Soldered Hoops
           Swirl Copper Earrings

 
Square Stud Earrings // Sterling Wire Wrapped Smoky Quartz Posts

  3. What is your favorite part of your creating process?
I find manipulating wire to be extremely relaxing. The material can be very forgiving, while creatively allowing endless possibilities.

 4. What is your most favorite item in your Etsy shop?
My favorite items change weekly. I never get too attached to any of my pieces. I know each piece belongs to someone, but they haven't found it yet.

Four Diamonds Necklace // Thon Fundraising Jewelry // Sterling Silver // Blue Glass Beads
5. Do you have any social media links?
www.facebook.com/contempojewelry
www.twitter.com/contempojewels

No comments:

Post a Comment