Tuesday, April 16, 2013

J&K Buttons

This is a shop that is near and dear to my heart, not only is she my sister in law, but she is the person responsible for introducing me to etsy.  I would like to show off what J&K Buttons has to offer.


In this shop you will find a assortment of handmade buttons from the backwoods of Oregon along with  beautifully crocheted items that use their very own buttons.

Thick and Chunky

Thick & Chunky Cowl

Check out what Katie Hagler had to say about her shop.

1. What is your favorite item in your shop? And why?  
My favorite item is the tiny square striped buttons. Because they are timeless. There are so many crochet patterns out there that would look absolutely lovely with these unique buttons. I also like the fact that you can choose between a two, four, or six pack.

. Little Squares 

2. What was your inspiration to open a shop?
Nature is our inspiration. I turned to nature when I found how hard it is to find quality handmade crochet/knitting supplies locally. Living in such a beautiful valley with lots of trees it inspired me to create my own supplies using my husband and his tools. lol. With his help we are able to create beautiful handmade wood/antler buttons in our garage. 

If you are going to take the time and money to create a beautiful handmade piece don't settle for a cheap button. This is exactly how I felt when I made my wool sweater. I was not going to put some cheap button on my piece that I spent three months making.

3.Anything special you want people to know about J&K Buttons?
I want people to know that we are a simple little family in southern Oregon. And we love getting out in Nature as a family and finding treasures in our own backyard. I want people to know that they get quality and uniqueness when they buy from us. Our buttons are perfectly imperfect like nature itself. I also want them to know that each button is individually made by hand with passion and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment